You’ve probably heard a million times that branding is absolutely essential to drive forward the success of your business. But you might be wondering, “Why?” In this episode, I’ll be answering questions like: How do you know when it’s time to invest in branding? How will having quality branding actually make me money? I’ll also dig into limiting beliefs around branding and how it holds you back from achieving your business goals, and the psychological breakdown of what having a strong brand does for your business.
This episode starts with mindset breakthroughs and ends with journal prompts to help you understand why now – not tomorrow, not a year from now – is the time to invest in branding.
THE GOOD, THE BAD, & THE WOO-WOO:
The Good: It feels like summer is on the way here! I live on the water, and being able to sit and relax with my dog outside got me so pumped up for consistent, warm temperatures.
The Bad: In hiring two new team members at Current Design Studio, it’s been a juggle figuring out my systems, training process, and onboarding. Talk about a challenge! But it’s been fun and I can’t wait to share more about it with you.
The Woo-Woo: I decided that every week I’m going to go to a sauna and channel the energy of having a sauna in my home. (Yes, it’s true. I want to have a sauna in my home if I crush my goals this year!) Last week I did my first sauna session and got a $200 bougie facial. It’s all about balance!
LET’S DIG IN:
Myths & Limiting Beliefs About Branding
Maybe you’ve caught yourself self-sabotaging and saying one of these three things:
- “I can do this myself” – Maybe you can do it yourself. There are plenty of ways you can design a brand, whether it’s on Canva or using someone’s template, but is that the best use of your time? As a coach and wellness entrepreneur, it probably isn’t. You should be staying in your genius zone, which means working with clients, creating content, and finding new and creative ways to impact the world.
- “I don’t want to turn anyone away” – When you work with a custom brand design, you’ll learn how to connect your core message with your ideal client. Don’t play small or be nervous!
- “I won’t get the ROI” – This is a common objection I hear. You might be thinking a logo won’t help you get more clients. Branding is more than just a logo. If you stay in that limiting belief, you won’t get the ROI at all. The ROI is inevitable. You are telling the universe that you are ready to put your heart and soul into this work.
How To Know When It’s Time to Invest In Branding
- You’re spending way too much time on Pinterest and Canva looking up fonts and color palettes every time you send an email or post something on Instagram.
- You’re straight up not proud to send people to your website.
- You’re not attracting the right clients, even when you’re filling up all of your Discovery Call slots.
- You feel misaligned with your current brand. Maybe you have a podcast, host retreats, offer coaching sessions – and nothing feels right. Your brand isn’t speaking to your ideal client.
The Psychological Breakdown of What Having a Strong Brand Does
- Branding = Legitimacy. Legitimacy = Consistency. Consistency = Trust. And Trust = Sales.
The Results You Can Expect
- Having a beautiful brand and on-point messaging will connect you to your ideal client. It will be super clear what you do, who you do it for, and how you can help them.
- You can charge premium prices when you position yourself as an expert and have your client experience and services figured out. This will increase the value of your brand. When someone is investing in a $2,000+ service, having a strong brand will help them make that investment decision quicker.
What Is It Like To Work With a Brand Designer?
I am going to share my client process with you so you can get a nitty gritty peek into what working with a brand designer is actually like.
- We kick things off with a strategy call and go over who your ideal client is, streamline your services and client process, your marketing content and your messaging, which could include your bio, mission, and tagline. Without strategy, the brand is just art, so we get super clear on your goals.
- Next, we focus on the inspiration and the color palette to ensure we’re on the same page with the client. Ultimately, we create a moodboard to share with the client.
- We’ll create 3-5 different logo options and explore which ones we like best.
- Then, we create collateral, like business cards, email opt-in, and social media graphics.
- Last, we focus on web design and give you a launch strategy so you can celebrate your brand’s new look and feel.
We also have a private client Facebook group and a client portal with a resource library where you can access answers to frequently asked questions.
What are your wildest dreams for your business?
Imagine if you are in the same spot that you’re in right now, 1 year from now. What if those dreamy goals you just wrote down didn’t happen? How would that feel?
What fears do you have around investing in your branding? What is holding you back from getting there?
Visualize what your life would look like if you do make the investment in branding. Jot down what comes up for you.
How important is this for you from 1-10 and why?
“If you make a conscious decision to invest in your business that feels so good in your heart and that you know is going to push your business forward, you absolutely will get the ROI.”
Write a review of the Behind the Design podcast, screenshot your review, and share it on Instagram (don’t forget to tag me!) for a chance to win a free website audit!
Join the Behind the Design Facebook Group, where I teach free live mini trainings every Friday and help you reach your goals.
We have a couple of spots open for Spring 2020 clients! Are you ready to make an impact and illuminate your purpose with a beautiful brand design or an all-inclusive, custom website? Grab one of my final branding spots for April. Or send me a DM!
Use Code DESIGN15 for 15% Off Drag and Drop Website Templates