This month I celebrated my 27th birthday, and I thought it would be fun to bring you into my personal life and share how the last year has been for me. I did a lot of thoughtful reflection and meditation before this episode to culminate all of my thoughts, downloads, and lessons that I learned.
I’m going to share with you a recap of the past year, 10 lessons that I learned, plus my biggest win.
The good, the bad & the woo-woo
The Good: My 26th year is over! I learned so much this past year and am so thankful for all of the obstacles and challenges I went through.
The Bad: I couldn’t not say the coronavirus. I am super helpful and hope we come out better than what we started with this. If you’re feeling discouraged, keep charging forward, and feel free to reach out to me if you need some support.
The Woo-Woo: I’ve been working on getting into a good energetic headspace. There is literally not a single person in the world right now who isn’t affected by what is going on, and that type of energy is different than what we’re used to.
The Highlights of my Year
- I traveled to Vietnam, Italy, and Bali and those were all amazing trips. Vietnam was unbelievable and took the cake – not only was it beautiful and cultural, but I went with two of my best friends and we spent three weeks traveling together.
- My boyfriend and I moved to a lake house! It had been a dream of mine to live on the water for as long as I can remember. Living on a lake feels like something we collectively manifested.
- I grew my business past six-figures, surpassing the initial goals I had set for myself when I set out to create a successful business.
My biggest win:
Feeling energetically aligned was by far my biggest win of the past year.
The 10 Lessons I learned:
- You can’t go at it alone. You need support from your friends, family, clients, business besties, and even your business coach. This past year, I gave up doing everything myself and started asking for help. It was life-changing.
- Embrace the chaos. The perfectionist in me loves when everything is streamlined, perfect, and easy to follow. I had to let go, surrender, and let it be messy. You learn the most in the messiness and the chaos.
- It’s okay to change your mind. When I make decisions, I sometimes think it’s going to be all or nothing – a life or death decision. Don’t be afraid to change your goals, experiment, switch up your vision board, and reassess what you want to do. We’re constantly in a state of changing, and if we stayed the same, we’d never grow.
- Forget what everyone thinks. I have been actively learning this, but at 26, I let it go and stopped caring. We are always the ones looking and judging ourselves more than anyone else will.
- Put yourself first everyday by creating a morning routine that will set you up for success. This is the one thing you can do that will change your life and affect how you show up in the world. It’s so easy to wake up everyday and get right into client work, but without creating any time and space for yourself, you’ll quickly get burnt out.
- Spirituality matters in business. I always used to separate business and spirituality, but what I didn’t realize is that the two go hand in hand so much. You can tap into your spirituality as a tool to grow, guide, and fuel your business.
- What you put in your body is just as important as movement. Being active comes easily to me, but I never fueled my body with the proper food that it needed. Over the last 3 or 4 months I’ve been focusing on nourishing my body so I have better digestion, sleep, and less brain fog.
- I learned about human design, which uses the energies of the universe combined with your birth chart to tell you so much about yourself, including why you make decisions the way you do and why you are the way you are. I learned that I am a Manifestor and can now navigate life a little more easily with this tool in my self-development arsenal. If you know your Human Design type, I’d love to know what it is!
- Continue to learn. I read dozens of podcasts, books, invested in numerous courses and even a business coach. You will stay stagnant if you don’t continue to learn and grow as a human. Explore that curiosity.
- Create for fun. I am so grateful I get to create for a living, but I don’t create for fun often. So I began an experiment! Once a week, I set a priority to get out of my comfort zone, explore my curiosity, and design something just for me. Whatever it is you want to learn and create, allow yourself to get into it and explore what that is.
“Embrace the messiness, embrace the chaos. Allow it to be messy because that’s where you learn the most.”
Jenna Zoe, Human Design Expert
Write a review of the Behind the Design podcast, screenshot your review, and share it on Instagram (don’t forget to tag me!) for a chance to win a free website audit!
Join the Behind the Design Facebook Group, where I teach free live mini trainings every Friday and help you reach your goals.
We have one spot open for April for a fully branded web design! Are you ready to make an impact and illuminate your purpose with a beautiful brand design or an all-inclusive, custom website? Grab one of the final branding spots for April. Or send me a DM!
All of our plug-and-play website templates are on sale for 50% off! I want to help you transform your business during these challenging times. No code is necessary – the discount will be automatically applied!